Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cutie's first attempt at composition writing

Today finally got back the book for the previous term from her English Enrichment teacher.

Mummy was very impressed with my Cutie's first composition attempt on their last lesson in July. From what I knew, the teacher only a little guidance at the beginning with the plot, characters and the helping words, then the students are then to complete the composition on their own without any further help (on spelling, sentence formation etc) from the teacher.  Oh my, my Cutie has never learnt about composition writing before!

Though it was her first attempt, Mummy can see that it was quite a well-written piece. Although there maybe some grammatical or spelling errors, it was really a great writeout for a 5-year old child, especially it, being her 1st in composition.writing.  Her classmate's mother was also very impressed with my Cutie, as her daughter who is 7 years old has only written about half of what my Cutie has written (truly no offence here to the classmate and mother).

This Cutie just can't seem to give Mummy's surprises here and then, with her language ability.  Once during a sit-in session, the teacher went through the sight words which the students are supposed to practise at home.  But oh dear, Mummy has forgotten about it and when it was my darling's turn, this little Cutie did not have any problem with all the sight words.  Mummy felt so relief that this Cutie is smart and thus able to cover up the truth of what a lazy Mummy I have been.  Shh... don't leak out this secret of me..

Cutie, keep up your good work!  (Gee... in fact, this little darling has been an ardent reader of my blog ever since she is able to read at the age of 3.)

No comments:

Sisterly Love