Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Monday, October 13, 2008

2 years old Cutie (Part 6)

Brought both darlings to the Junior League Children's Style Salon at Suntec, intending to let them have a nice haircut before our trip to Korea. It costs $20 per haircut (with LCD TV screen to entertain the little ones, balloons and stickers). It is actually a bit expensive (just to cut the fringe only), but Mummy thot they deserved to be pampered since this is, in fact, the 2nd time I brought them to salon for haircut since birth (the first time they were at Compass Point Supercuts where they were, hee... shaved "botak" (bald) when each was 1 month old then).

Well, guess what, at the salon, my Cutie simply refused to let the stylist to look at or touch her hair and simply refused to let go of me. She said "I want Mummy to cut her hair". Few days ago, when I told her about going to salon, she had also said the same thing. Even on the way to Suntec, when I told her that she's going for a haircut, she had also kept on telling me softly "No, Mummy do your hair" (ie. asking me to have my hair done cos' on 1 occasion while shopping alone with them at IMM, Mummy suddenly decided to go for a O3 hair treatment at Jean Yip when I saw that the place is spacious and safe to bring my kids in).

It was then that Mummy realised that this Cutie actually understands what she is saying and she really meant it. Mummy had initially thot that her refusal is just like most kids who don't like to have their hair cut. At that moment, I can feel her desire to have her everything done by Mummy.

Even on a few occasions when we were going to Compass Point, Mummy was a little lazy to walk and thus intended to drive there. Mummy asked this Cutie if she prefers to walk or go by car (hee... to get consensus that it's not that I'm lazy to walk) and to my surprise, her choice is always to walk. For most kids (including us adults), we would have chosen being driven in a car without hesitation. Guess she really enjoys walking with Mummy holding her hand and singing songs along the way. That's why Mummy is often touched by this Cutie's actions and her thinking always make me wonder is she really 2 years old (haha... to be exact is 2 and 1/2 now).

She's looking forward to going to Korea cos' she knows that Mummy will be able to carry her as Meimei will be carried by Daddy then. So now she has to walk while Mummy pushes the stroller with Meimei on it. Though she knows that Mummy can handle alone carrying her and pushing the stroller (now using Maclaren Volo which is light-weight), she doesn't whine or cry to be carried. She just walks along with me. See, how not to feel so touched by her. Hence, I will often carry her whenever I got the chance to.

Be patient, Cutie, Mummy is also looking forward to going to Korea where I can carry you more often than now. Gee... guess we just love each other too much.

No comments:

Sisterly Love