Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Modern Interesting Gadgets

Recently, can't help but amazed at the modern invention of mankind.

First, it was when we went to collect our car. We told the cab driver our destination and haha.., he asked us how to go??? Thank God daddy had brought along his GPS to guide the driver. Though we had used GPS in the States, just didn't expect the need to use GPS in a small country like Singapore.

But indeed we still do. First, everything in Singapore just changes so quickly within these few years and also we have not driven around in Singapore for a while. The GPS can help to provide various options of the shortest route, the quickest route etc., which is definitely useful to us. The best is that it can even tell us the estimated arrival time. We will be informed if there is any red light or speed camera nearby (note: not that we love speeding). Just that have never noticed in the past that there are so many of these cameras around. The accuracy of the GPS is simply amazing, thanks to the many satelites above us (there were 7 when daddy showed me).

Can't help but wonder why then our local weather forecast isn't as reliable at all, with the forecast always so general which is practically the same every day? Rather I'm quite impressed with the weather forecast in the States, cos' its accuracy is near 100%. *sigh* guess there's a need for some improvement in our weather forecasting report.

Last week, Daddy gave me the Nintendo DS limited gold edition which he bought from the States. I didn't know I would love it cos' I'm actually not a 'game' person. But I simply love playing the Brain Age and Cooking Mama games.

Why? The Brain Age game is necessary to keep my dying brain active and of course will improve my brain power. With Cooking Mama, hee... I can learn some cooking 'skills' and it's very fun. Sometimes, I have to blow to the mic and there's a 'sensor' to detect (as if I'm blowing at the dish). I remembered the "Game & Watch" game in the early days just only have the left and right buttons to press. The dishes shown in the game look pretty tempting too. Everyday, my Cutie just loves to watch mummy "cook" (hee... play).

Of course, there's another wonderful invention and that's the Wii system. We don't have to go to bowling alley/tennis court etc and we can just stay at home and do the same actions using the Wii controller and nauchak. So interesting.

Then, there's also the latest LCD television which I can just simply hook it up with my laptop and hee... there I will have a big computer screen. Here's what happen when I hook up my laptop to the television and play the Mickey Mouse "Hotdog" song from youtube (internet) for my Cutie.




Isn't all these amazing? Well, for sure, I'm amazed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! You bought Wii?!! I didn't expect you to really buy... Invite me during the holz leh ;)

ASAF said...

ya, the wii thing is really "influential". A friend who came to our house for a gathering also ended up getting one for themselves.
Btw, u need me to invite one meh?

Sisterly Love