Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Friday, March 28, 2008

9-month old Sweetie

Went for my Sweetie's 9-month assessment today. Here's here latest weight and length.

Weight: 7.8 kg (in the 25% percentile)
Length: 72 cm (in the 50% percentile)

Hmm.... she is already 72cm when 9-month old.... my Cutie was 71cm when 10-month old (was in the States then, din know about such thing as 9-month assessment). Now my Cutie was often mistaken as being a 3 or 4 year old kid (when in fact, she's not even 2 yet). So does that mean my Sweetie will be taller than her sister at the same age comparison next year? Will they mistaken her as a 4 or 5 year old kid then??? Oh my, I do not want my darlings to be too tall cos' hee.... will be harder to find boyfriends who will be as tall as them. *Sigh* Daddy's fault for being too tall (read from an article that a child's height will be in the range +/- 10cm of the average of the parents' height). Hee... actually can't blame anybody on this. This calculation is also not really reliable cos' if so, why am I much taller than both my parents?

Talking about my Sweetie, the first thing that came to my mind is her dimple. Gee... it's definitely my genes (cos' Daddy doesn't have any).

Now she doesn't ask (aka "cry") for her pacifier anymore. When given the pacifier, she will hold and play with it rather than putting it into her mouth. ???

She can now grab the water bottle on the floor and place it into her mouth. Haha... don't have to worry if she's thirsty. She was also caught a few times with the Magmag (waterbottle) straw into her mouth and drank the water in it. Too bad the magmag belongs to her Jiejie. Mmm... does that mean she's really to drink from straw??

Now, she's also an expert at climbing from the dunlop mattress onto our bed as you can see below.



It's another headache for mummy cos' now the big "playpen" is no longer safe to keep my Sweetie in anymore.

So rather than having to worry about her falling off the bed (bedrail doesn't work anymore cos' she will stand holding onto it and looking over to the floor), I let her move and crawl on the floor.

Yet the other day, saw her attempting to climb up onto the sofa. Thank God, she couldn't manage to. A few times also caught her letting go of her support and try to stand on her own (which she only manage a few seconds). *faint*

Mummy is glad that this baby is so adventurous, but pray that she will not attempt all these dangerous acts on her own (though it's part of their growing process).

To my Sweetie: Only attempt that when someone is around to watch over you, ok darling?

Hee... she will only reply with that sweet, sweet smile of hers. Lovely.

No comments:

Sisterly Love