Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Friday, August 29, 2008

Home-baked Cupcakes

Today is the Teachers' Day Celebration in school. Guess what mummy made for the teachers and the kids. Yes, cupcakes.

Had initially planned to make for the teachers only [gee... cos' her teachers always marvelled whenever my Cutie brings home-baked cakes for her snacks to school and also wonder how I could afford the time to bake with 2 little ones to take care of, alone].

Then it crosses my mind that I could bake some for the kids too (hee... cos' every month I will buy some titbits for my Cutie to bring to school and give to the classmates).

For the kids, I do not want to have a layer of frosting on the cupcakes (cos' I dun want them to eat too much of the sweet stuff, even though I have reduced the sugar quantity in the recipe). So have been cracking my head and finally came up with the smiley face theme.










I find it rewarding to see the kids' happy face when they got a cupcake each and especially their eagerness to show it to their parents/caregivers once the door opened for dismissal. Of course, glad that the teachers love the cupcakes too. Guess what, my Cutie was so proud to tell her teachers, "I bake one" (referring to herself). Well, err... she did participate too.

In this contemporary society, it has become a norm for most people to simply buy (ie. just pay)instead of preparing the stuff (cos' less time-consuming). Even during our "pot luck" sessions with friends, the food are usually bought rather than prepared by ourselves. Hence, when one of the friends brought along the salad made by her during the last gathering at our house, I couldn't help promoting that dish to everyone. Guess I appreciated the effort that that friend had made and especially the sincerity that comes with it. Guess the teachers can feel mine too :) [especially now I'm alone with the kids at home and the washing to follow-up with after baking]. Still, mummy feel it's time well-spent.

Here's more of my design (made previously) to share.














No comments:

Sisterly Love