Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Monday, September 8, 2008

2 years old Cutie (Part 5)

My Cutie has often imagined herself as Dora and at times, Diego. When I call her "Darling, help me...", she will say "I am Dora/Diego". Often I will play along with her and say "Dora/Diego, can you help mummy to..." and there you will see her happily helping along. The magic is "it works" and it's much easier to persuade her on things that she may not like.

The other day, I called her "Mandy" (Mandy is another name for Amanda) and she says "I am Dora". As I'm busy, I just call her "Mandy" again. Guess what, she says "mmm? [very short mmm] What did you say?". So I repeated what I say and she also repeated what she says. It was then I realise that this is not a question asked, it serves more as a command. Haha... it's clear that she had heard me well, so she was indirectly telling me "Call me Dora first". When Mummy called her "Dora", that's where things get going.

In the past, my role is simply Dora's/Diego's mummy. Recently, I have more roles given to me and Meimei too. Once, she and Meimei are doctors, mummy is the nurse. During meal time, she said "This nurse (aka mummy) is feeding this doctor (aka Meimei). This doctor (aka herself) feed herself" The other day when going to the park, she said "Boots' sitting on stroller (referring to Meimei). Cow (ie. mummy) is pushing the stroller." [Both Boots the Monkey and the cow are characters associated with Dora].

The only problem is we are fixed to our roles and the role-playing is endless. So things relating to meimei, she will constantly say "Boots is ...." and for mummy, "Cow is ....". Though I'm born in the year of Ox, doesn't feel good to be constantly called a cow somehow. Guess I had better find another character in the show and assign a new role to myself. *Sigh* Here's a video of this Cutie reading a book. Gee... she could be reading based on memory (remember I shared about her great memory?). On the other hand, she already knows a number of words too. So guess both contribute to her reading ability now. Well, here's our "Ms Bunny".

No comments:

Sisterly Love