Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Purr...fect Mum

Yesterday, brought my darlings out to shop for luggage. Yes, we will be joining Daddy next month. In fact, it is actually quite a last minute decision, partly to get ourselves climatise before winter and also by then, my Sweetie would have completed her pneumococal and MMR jabs.

On our way home, we were in the lift with a couple who are around my age. Guess what, the man actually praised me :) He said I was very capable to bring 2 kids out on my own (then my Sweetie was sitting on stroller and my Cutie was standing next to me). Though I was surprised cos' hee... I don't know them, I gave the credit to both my darlings. Well, they are really sweet-natured and well-behaved kids. Of course, there are times when they drive me nuts too.

Looking back, actually he was not the first to compliment me. I remembered once a 50-plus years old auntie also marvelled that I could manage 2 kids alone without help whereas it was already tough on them (herself, her daughter [SAHM] and the maid) to take care of her 6 months old grand-daughter.

Well, at times, I do feel proud of myself. I have brought them to so many outings on my own - to the zoo, library, Ikea, shopping, dining at restaurants/MacDonalds and even marketing. Of course, worth mentioning are some nice people whom we met and helped along the way, such as opening and holding the glass door for us, letting us go out of the lift first etc.

Indeed, it's really not that easy to be a one-man show especially with 2 kids. Having a maid may not be a good idea, but at least there is another adult to watch over the kids (haha... my ex-maid is an exception). Really got to thank God for giving me these 2 sweet darlings.

My admiration actually goes more to those FTWM (full-time working mummies) who have NO maid and NO elders at home to take care of housework. Imagine being so tired after a day at work, yet still have to take care of kids and household chores? Another group is the mummies having kids with special needs. Can you imagine how much worse it is for these mummies when many mummies with normal kids are already "complaining"? They are really the amazing ones.

Well, guess it's the maternal-instinct in us that give us the strength to pull through (the daddies are definitely getting an easier life in comparision). We are not perfect mums, but definitely our love for our babies make us "purrfect". Meow, meow.

No comments:

Sisterly Love