Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Thursday, December 4, 2008

2 years old Cutie (Part 7)

Mummy is feeling apologetic towards my Cutie now. Mummy feels so bad that she hopes that she could have realised her mistakes earlier.

It's normal for kids to cry, cos' when they cry for you, it shows how much you mean to them.

Instead Mummy just keeps on telling my Cutie to stop crying and is only willing to carry her if she stops. When this Cutie stops crying and Mummy finally carries her in the arms, here's what she says "you hush hush, Mummy will carry you" (as if comforting herself).

This Cutie has, in fact, been a sensible girl since young and now despite her sadness, she has stopped herself from crying further and comforts herself that mummy will carry her when she stops (hush hush). Mummy suddenly feels so ashamed, realising what a tall order she has set for a mere 2 years old kid. And this Cutie has displayed such great self-control of her own emotions.

After doing some reflection, Mummy realises that it's not that the kids are getting naughtier, but rather it's her patience that is running low these 2 days (gee... got to put the blame on pms and the winter blues as mentioned in the other blog). Mummy will tell herself to do more reflections whenever her patience runs low and learn to be sensible like her Cutie - to stop and remind myself that my kids are just expressing their love for me whenever they cry.


Below is my incompleted blog update last week.
==================================

Everyday, this Cutie has been a great helper to Mummy. She will automatically take and pass me the toilet roll/wipes when her Meimei is on the potty. When Mummy needs a new diaper, she will go to the room and take one for Mummy. Everytime, Mummy will feel so touched by her actions. At times, Mummy feels bad towards her, of expecting her to act like a big sister - to share her things with her Meimei and to help to keep/find the stuff messed up by her Meimei. She has, in fact, been very sensible being a 2-year old kid.

The other day, was surprised to hear my Cutie telling her Daddy "Papa, I love you so much". I can't believe my ears when I heard that, that not I'm jealous that this darling of mine loves her daddy, but to hear her use "SO much" which describes the great extend of her love for her daddy is a bit unexpected of a 2 years old. Oh my, she has told me "I love Mummy" only (gee... actually it's ok, I know how she feels deep down inside).

Here's my Cutie reading part of the Chinese Classic "三字经" which Mummy has taught her after coming to Korea.

人之初,性本善。性相近,习相远。苟不教,性乃迁。教之道,贵以专。

No comments:

Sisterly Love