Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Winter in Seoul (Part 5/6)

The highlight of the tour was the trip to Phoenix Park Ski Resort.  My darlings were very excited as it was the first time they went skiing.  We had engaged an English-speaking Korean instructor to coach us privately.  My Cutie was very diligent and had mastered skiing quickly.  My Sweetie, being young, did not like wearing the extra ski jacket/pants, ski goggles and having two long skis on her legs.  Honestly, it was really difficult to move around with the skis on the legs and you would need a lot of strength and energy to sustain throughout.  Guess it's too straining for her especially at the beginning.  In the end, Mommy stayed with her to play on our own instead of joining the ski lesson.  Mommy could only teach her the basics which I knew, eg. the proper way to go up the slope.  To my surprise, this Sweetie was so brave as to go down the slope on her own, without the instructor by her side nor me (mmm... though doubt I would be of much help being a beginner myself).

In total, we had a great time skiing for 2 days here and all of us were quite so confident of our skills that we even had a race among ourselves.  On the 3rd day at the Ski Resort, we decided to take the gondola to go to the highest peak of the mountain.  For your information, you will need to pay to use the gondola to go up and also to go down.  It was quite a weird experience for us, as guess we were the only ones taking the gondola two-ways (all those in the queues were going to ski down the slope).

It was an experience as it was really cold up there (even though it was extremely sunny).  We even had to cover our face during phototaking.  My Sweetie loves my sunglass too.  :)  It was really worth the trip as the air here is extremely fresh and the view is mesmerising.


No comments:

Sisterly Love