Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A New [Maidless] Year

Aiyoyo, it's the beginning a new year and I'm already lacking behind in my posts.

Well, what to do? Sent the maid back to the agent already, thus have to handle everything myself. But surprisingly, I am coping quite well (kekeke... still have time to watch television programmes and do some spring cleaning). So far, the only sad thing is that the big washing machine suddenly died on me. Thank God still have the Scense mini washing machine to help to wash the kids' clothing.

See picture on right, that's my Cutie playing with the water catchment device of the washing machine, gee... that's her "hat".


Hmmm..... talking about my Cutie. She's really a sweetie since my helper left. On the 1st night without a maid, I had to pack up her toys after she slept. On the 2nd night, before we went to the room to sleep, I pointed and showed her "See, your toys all over the place, mummy will have to keep them later". To my amazement, she went to keep her toys on her own accord. I felt so touched. Sweet.

Now, it's actually quite a joy to engage in conversation with her as her understanding of speech improves day by day. The best is that she's starting to form not just simple but also complex sentences. The other day, she said "Mummy happy, cos (because) Amanda good girl". Though gramatically, she's not correct, but for a 21-month old child to say this, I find it quite an accomplishment already.

So far, her complete sentences are:
1) Amanda have (has) 2 eyes.
2) I eat bread/starfruit pease (please) .
3) Mei Mei seep (sleeps)/bathe ready (already).
4) Feed mysell/yoursell (myself) .
5) I want pee pee/poo poo .
6) May I take fone (phone) pease (please) .
7) Mummy itch (switches) on first.
8) Amanda have (has) car car/bubble.
9) Dun bite your hands [telling Mei Mei]
[Oh my, think my Cutie can speak complete sentences already]

My favourite is to hear her say in her cute cute Cutie's voice "fall fall, how? Mummy cry cry"
[cos' have been telling her not to stand/jump on the bed].

Recently, we're into playing jigsaw puzzle. Well here's what she accomplished on her own.

Though as seen from the picture (left), it's quite improperly placed. I'm actually quite happy that she is able to see that these few pieces actually go together. See the complete puzzle on right.





Here's our "conversation" during mealtime.

No comments:

Sisterly Love