Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rising Costs, Price hikes

Inflation is the focus in today's papers. It was mentioned that inflation had accelerated from January to a 26 year high of 6.6%.

Currently, my Cutie and Sweetie are taking GainIQ and Similac Follow-on. Without inflation, these 2 products (under Abbott) are already costly enough. So far, have never for once seen them have had any promotion (in terms of price) at all.

With inflation and future GST of 7%, it is going to be costly to feed a baby. (Now my darlings consume a can EACH per week. Can you imagine the opportunity costs of foregoing a Nintendo DS and games per month? hee...). Guess the government will have to look into this, else the birth rate in Singapore will continue to dip further.

Well, some may suggest changing to a lower cost brand milk powder. But to me, I think for other stuff, maybe, but not milk powder for my darlings.

Milk is the main source of staple food to a baby. I feel that we can scrimp and save on other things, but we should never, never compromise on things that are essential for a baby's growth and development. I personally believe that the first few years of a person's life lay the foundation for one's future. From what I know, Abbott's products are the only brand that do not contain palm oil. The main point is my babies are growing healthily and well with this brand. Keke.. though do not deny that my TLC helps too.

Guess taxi drivers are one of those doing well nowadays. Quite a number of the taxi uncles in our recent rides do not even want to charge us the extra few cents on the metres. They must be doing pretty well, to even willing to forego the cents at such times? Haha... so don't be surprised if you find a female taxi driver who looks exactly like me cos' it may really be me (keke... in the past, I did think of getting a taxi driver's license).

Guess it's always blessed to be a baby, to just live in their own happy and sweet world.

No comments:

Sisterly Love