Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Friday, November 16, 2007

S-T-O-P


S, T, O, P, each letter coming out one after another from my Cutie's mouth. Though she was reading them slowly, it marks another milestone for my Cutie's development.

She is now advancing to spell words and she has displayed the understanding that she should read from left to right and not the other way round.

This "stop" sign was pasted in the kitchen partition and has been served as a reminder to her that it is an out-of-bound area (tho recently I have laxed on the rule a bit, that she can still enter so long as the stove/oven was not in use). This morning, I didn't stop her from entering, yet she herself stopped by the "stop" sign and read the letters one by one herself. So cute :) She's really good at giving me surprises again.

STOP - from this, I can't help but to relate to what had happened to my Cutie yesterday.

Yes, she has the worst fall in her life. Now, everytime I look at her face, my heart aches. I just feel like crying. Yesterday, I was really mad with the maid and really wanted to send her back to the agent (I'm angry but I didn't tell her off). Can you imagine the pain my Cutie suffered, falling onto the tarmac area in the park? Thank God tho her left eye area was badly hurt, she did not hurt her eye.

But if she had been STOPped in the first place (ie. watched over), all these wouldn't have happened. Even tho her molars are popping out, my Cutie has never cried with such great pain like yesterday. My poor Cutie.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my neighbour, Marie, for her act of kindness in my time of distress.

No comments:

Sisterly Love