Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Thursday, April 10, 2008

H*A*P*P*Y

Today is a happy day for me. Well, it's not any anniversary or anything close. Hee... cos' of my Sweetie and Cutie.

Ironically, my Sweetie has been sick since Tuesday. Thank God that she is still so bubbly and smilely. It's funny that she's getting better yesterday and today her temperature rose again. Mummy was worried and brought her to see the doctor. As usual, we were prescribed with a bottle of paracetamol to take home (as expected). Maybe at least it gives mummy a peace of mind. The doc said that it's just a viral infection as my Sweetie is still eating well and does not have any running nose/cough etc.

Mummy is happy cos' I have finally found the root cause to my Sweetie's fever when she pooed for the 3rd time today. Yes, she's teething, that's why. *Phew* What a relief. But aiyo, what a waste time to see doctor today (hee... at the expense of my teabreak). Btw, she pooed 4 times today.

As for my Cutie, guess I'm quite impressed with her. Today, tried to train her to drink from the cup direct cos' mummy believes she's ready for it especially since she's an expert in drinking using a straw already. Guess what, water, water everywhere. Her top, her pant, the chair, the floor were wet during her first trial in the afternoon. Mummy was not prepared for another trial in the evening, so I told her it's ok that we'll try another time. My Cutie was in tears and said "I can do it" repeatedly.

Mummy couldn't believe her ears, did my 2 years old Cutie say this? I'm really impressed and glad that my Cutie was confident of herself. I kept on asking daddy if he had ever taught her to say this. We could only conclude that she learnt it during her weekly lesson at Tumbletots where daddy and mummy have been encouraging her with phrases like "You can do it". For her second trial, mummy got her to wear a bib. Guess she should be able to master the art of drinking from cup by next week, keke... Later in the night, Meimei tried to take her Magmag, guess what she told her sister. My Cutie pointed to my Sweetie's water bottle and said "this is yours". Wow, I haven't even taught her the possessive pronouns yet.

On her playgroup, my Cutie has settled quite well already. Today got an interesting observation when the door was left open for a while (cos' the teacher was talking to a parent). My Cutie was sitting down quietly, but the moment she saw me at the door, she started to cry for me. Then I moved away and she stopped. I peeped again, she started to cry again and then she stopped when she cannot see me. [This reminds me of the MacDonald's advertisement many years ago about a baby on a swing, when the swing goes up, the baby can see the MacDonald from the window, the baby smiles. But when the swing goes down, the baby cries (no MacDonald)]. *sigh* thot she will feel assured when she sees me. Guess now I just need to keep myself away from my Cutie's sight when she's at playgroup. Glad she's settling well.


With my Sweetie's fever getting better (plus finding out the cause) and my Cutie so cute, isn't it a happy day today?


Children are God's gift to us. I want to thank God for them cos' they are my best gifts. Amen.

Here's another ingenous idea from mummy (see pict). My Cutie was driving her motorised car and Meimei who was in the stroller, also got a free ride. All I did was just to connect the car and stroller together with the baby carrier. Hee... both of them enjoyed the ride and mummy also didn't have to push the stroller. Yippee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

ASAF said...

Hi, thanks for enjoying my blog. Have visited your blog, but too bad it's in a different language. But from the pictures, I guess your blog is about cameras right? May I know which country you are from?

Sisterly Love