Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Monday, April 28, 2008

Sentences from a 24-month old baby (aka 2 years old)

"Mummy don't wear pampers, mummy wear (wears) panty."

Hahaha..., guess who said that.

Yes, it's my Cutie.

The above conversation between us started off with my Cutie saying "Meimei wear (wears) pampers, Amanda don't (doesn't) wear pampers anymore". So mummy praised her that Amanda is a big girl just like mummy and mummy doesn't wear pampers also.

I only expected her to just repeat that mummy doesn't wear pampers. Really surprised that she could add in the 2nd phase herself (and she's right in fact haha...), but...

Guess you can understand now why I mentioned before that I really don't know whether to laugh or cry with my Cutie's speeches lately.

Although at 24-month old, her speeches and thinking are rather beyond mummy's expectations.

Here's some examples:
Mummy, I saw a bird [use of past tense]
- she actually saw a bird perched on the beam outside (through the window) and she came running to me and said that. So cute.

This (is) my ball, not your ball. [use of pronouns]
- she was talking to Meimei who was taking her ball.

Gong gong eat (eats) already. [use of reasoning]
- mummy was teaching her manners to ask her grandfather to join her for lunch and she told me that so that she doesn't have to ask.

Doc say (says) sick sick, don't go to school. [forming association between "doctor" and "sickness"]

- huh? We were actually on our way to see the doctor and so how could the doctor say this when we have not even seen him. Mummy had only told her earlier that she is not going to school cos' she is sick.

My Cutie is really learning fast. In fact, it's actually quite fun and amusing comminicating to her now.

Mummy feels bad that I haven't been consistent in teaching her phonics, tho' she knows the sound of quite a number of the letters already. Bad mummy.

Guess I got to drink more "red bull" to keep up with her pace of learning. Kekeke ...

Here's a video of her and she is such a darling to keep the crayons into the basket on her own accord.

No comments:

Sisterly Love