Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Cutie is 2 years old.

Finally, my Cutie turns 2 today.

Well, she is such a lucky lass to have a series of celebrations up till her actual birthday (*wink* I would love to be in her shoes, to have a mummy (aka me) who loves her so much, err... plus daddy and many others too.

Since the week before, daddy and mummy had a mini celebration for her at Swenson's. She was so excited to see a lighted candle on the ice-cream (same for my Sweetie). Then the next day, she had a birthday bash at MacDonald with a number of her same age group friends. Few days before her actual birthday, we went to Qian Hu Fish Farm and yes, Gogobambini again. Finally, on the actual day, we had another celebration for her at home with Gong Gong and a close couple (friends).
Wouldn't you want to be in her shoes. I would LOVE to. Since it's an impossible dream, it's still not that bad to be just her mummy I guess.

So far, Mummy has been very pleased with my Cutie's growth and development.

Here's just a summary of her achievement over the 2 years:

1) 10-month: Able to walk on her own without support
2) 11-month: Totally off pacifier
3) 14-month: Identify shapes
4) 17-month: Able to recognise A-Z and 0-9, colours,
Speak simple sentences eg. I eat pease [please]
5) 18-month: Able to identify A-Z on the keyboard,
Know and understand at least 240 words
6) 19-month: Potty trained
7) 20-month: Switch on/off the fan using the fan remote (2 different buttons for on/off),
Tell mummy verbally "I love you"
8) 21-month: Able to self-feed with full control (no/minimal spillage),
Speak in complete/complex sentences (engage in conversation)
Able to identify various vehicles
9) 22 month:Switch on/off (a) the main switch, (b) her mickey mouse television and (c) play on her Leapfrong ClickStart system.
10) 23-month: Sing A-B-C song and wear/take off her shoes (in proper manner) without help,
Buckle the seat belt herself (on high chair and baby carrier)
11) 24-month: Knows how to count up to 14 and tell the answer after counting,
Take off her pants herself to pee/poo,
Knows the days of the week (tho' not in sequence)
.
Most importantly, mummy is happy that my Cutie is a well-mannered and sensible girl. She always loves to help mummy with the household chores: When mummy is too lazy/busy to take the things in another place, she will eagerly help mummy to fetch the things (eg. Meimei's handkerchief/water bottle and hee... lately my Nintendo DS). Mummy also loves to have her to help in hanging the laundry (cos' I don't have to bend down to take the clothes from the pail). Most of the time, she is such a darling to keep her toys after playing with them or before she goes to bed.
No matter what her achievement has been, she is still my darling and forever my Cutie. I'm surprised that I actually miss her when she is at her playgroup. I may have lost my freedom after giving birth to her, but she has actually brightened up my days more than what I've lost. It's quite unbearable to separate from someone who has been with you 24/7 since her birth. Thank God I still have my Sweetie to keep me company while her jiejie (Cutie) is at playgroup. But next year both of them will be at playgroup, so who will keep me company then?

No comments:

Sisterly Love