Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Friday, October 5, 2007

18-month old Cutie

Yes, today my Cutie is 18 months old. How time flies. Last year she was just a tiny little baby that needed to be hugged, fed and cleaned. Now, she can run, hug and kiss me (tho many times still wants me to hug instead), feed herself and also switch on the fan whenever she is hot. At times, she will give me massage too.

Lately, she is learning to form speech. She will open her mouth to speak (like a beginner trying to speak a language, ie with a lot of repetition) and also move her hands in big gestures (as if asking “Do you understand?”). She can say her own name too. At times, she will talk to her invisible friend on her toy phone, saying “I, I, I, I, A-man-da”.

She enjoys doing things together with the mummy aka me - like brushing teeth and story-telling time before bed, or helping to pass the Ru Yi Oil to me to apply after bathing Felicia. Finally, I find the vanity top in the master bedroom toilet useful cos’ Amanda can sit/squat on it and rinse her mouth. My Cutie can also look at the mirror when I brush her teeth or when she does it herself. Now she has a total of 8 teeth, with the molars of 3 sides of her gums on their way. But my Cutie is a brave girl.

For Felicia, she’s getting naughtier. Whenever I feed her milk, she will use her tongue to push away the teats. But when I take the milk bottle away, she will then cry. Now she takes ages to finish her milk and then she still “complains” when the milk finally finished. Still a sweetie though, she will smile when someone talk to her.

Yesterday, we went shopping at Plaza Singapura. Whenever we go shopping, I will push the pram while my helper carries my Cutie. At times, I wonder should I buy a twin stroller, so that both my Cutie and Sweetie can sit in the stroller. But I got a better idea yesterday.


Yes, my self-designed “twin stroller”, modified from my peg perego piliko P3. I must say it’s an ingenious idea (haha…self-praise).

No comments:

Sisterly Love