Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cutie's 18-month Record

You must have thought that I've been teaching my Cutie to type the letters after watching the video. Will you believe if I tell you I have never?

That night, seeing my Cutie's eagerness to "play" on my laptop, that's why decided to let her have some fun on the keyboard and well, she SURE did!! (will upload rest of video in youtube). Guess she must be very curious and think that this thing (laptop) must be fun to play, cos' mummy has been "playing" with it everyday.

I would say this Cutie of mine is learning things fast, everyday pestering me to teach/play with her. Whenever I open the drawer or cupboard, this Cutie will peep at what's inside and of course, to touch the things. I told her she has to ask mummy first before taking the things. She said "k" (ok). The other day, she wants my maid to give her the flashcards. My maid told her "Ask Mummy first" and she came running to me and say "Mummy, ask". As I did not hear what my maid told her, I was like "???" - what is it and ask what? But my Cutie just kept saying "Mummy, ask". Haha... guess having a toddler is like that. We have to constantly decipher what they are trying to tell us with their limited vocab or words.

Currently, my Cutie's been saying monosyllabic words eg. Elmo, she will say "mo"; Balloon, she will say "loon" and she has progressed to say a few double-syllabic words. To me, so long she is able to express what she wants, it is a success. I think, for her current age, it is quite an achievement for her to be able to say a number of words already. She also can say simple sentence like "Mummy, I eat pease" and "I sit pease".

A few more days, my Cutie will be turning 19 months soon. How time flies. I better keep a record of her growth here, so that many years later, she can still find the info in this blog (with belief that blogger will not close down :).


Cutie's 18 months Record
----------------------------
Height: 81.5 cm
Weight: 10.5 kg

Words that she understands and can say
1) ring, bed, plant, park, kite
2) chin, feet, tee (teeth), leg, hand
3) hair, ear, eyes, mouth, nose
4) neck, toes, face, girl, boy
5) men (woman), mond (diamond), fan, cup, poon (spoon)
6) baby, mat, pump, pen, sir (pencil)
7) brush (toothbrush), fish, cake, bag,
8) ker (tricycle), book, ball, pot, milk
9) fly (butterfly), kite, shoes, clock, key
10) gate, door, tub (bathtub), soc (socks), card
11) yon (crayon), phone, tar (star), moon, good
12) kool (school), per (paper), wet, egg, beart (bread)
13) ple (apple), pear, range (orange), greaps (grapes), lon (water melon)
14) cheese, pease (please), wer (flower), klip (hair clip), kiss
15) up, down, where?, there, here
16) siew (tissue), comb, ler (umbrella), no (piano), kream (cream)
17) duck, kern (chicken), cow, pig, yearn (lion)
18) fernt (elephant), tiger, bird, bear, dog
19) cat, mouse, key (monkey), bit (rabbit), guin (penguin)
20) come, draw, rite (write), grin (drink), eat
21) sit, walk, type, hot, warm
22) cold, help, pain, see, kry(cry)
23) hug, nice, give, bathe, press
24) throw, seep (sleep), open, close, beat
25) grop (drop), top (stop), es (yes), k (ok), stand (understand)
26) on (switch on), off (switch off), fall, wash, bake
27) pink, red, low (yellow), blue, green
28) white, black, brown, purple, orange
29) zoo, ble (table), chair, goat, boat
30) rert (carrot), corn, dress, rain, train
31) hart (heart shape), gle (triangle), kware (square), rect (rectrangle), tree
32) loon (balloon), mo (Elmo), rins (rinse), ter (water), der (powder)
33) ter (bottle), peepee, poopoo, no-no, pease (please)
34) ars (ask), cut, fiv (hi-five), see, you (Ru Yi oil)
35) tail, night (gd night), kate (biscuits), bun (rock bun), ven (oven)
36) gout (take out), hush hush, sing, clap, hold, scat (scared)
37) name, plane, bra (zebra, haha...), gougou (chinese meaning dog), pa (chinese meaning scared)
[forgot to add:

38) type, wash, Mei Mei, Gong Gong, jie jie (chinese meaning elder sister)
39) tree, bus, car, fan, fis(fish)
40) low (hello), wash, ble (bubble), nice, gif(give)]

and of course, A - Z, 1 - 10

Double-syllabic words:
paper, daddy, mummy, dun wan(don't want), yummy, baby, nana (banana), bubble, ice kream (ice cream). ar-nut (doughnut), yummy

Words in context:
- ree (can be referring to sorry/ strawberry/ blueberry/ cherry)
- tee (can be referring to naughty/ my maid's name/ potty/ hello kitty, booties)
- toe (can be referring to toes/ potatoes/ tomatoes)
- shion (can be referring to television/ injection/ lotion)


Wow, that's more than 200 words already. But you can see her mandarin is really limited. Guess got to speak more to her in mandarin.

The above is not for comparison with other children. Every child is unique and has their own learning milestones. Personally I feel that so long, the child is able to achieve within each milestone and of course, is happy and healthy, then there's no call for concern.]


I'm going shopping again, you want to come along?






Bye.

No comments:

Sisterly Love