Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

LENA System

Chanced upon a website on the LENA System (stands for Language ENvironment Analysis which provide an accurate, critical information about a child's language environment) and so did an assessment for my Cutie. Though I know that my Cutie's development is advance for her age, I am surprised that the result shows her development age is 28 months and she is currently only 18 months [somehow the link to the result disappeared when I tried to do one for my Sweetie. Amazingly, I still got the same result in the second assessment. Link lost again - this is the 3rd assessment done (with same result)].

Thoughts of some people then came to my mind. Maybe due to my Cutie's height, they have forgotten that my Cutie was less than 18 months old then and commented why my Cutie has not achieved this or that. In my heart then, I just want to scream at them - for God's sake, she is still a baby!

*Sigh* Guess I'm losing my patience with people who always think that they know everything (when in fact they do not). [see this mummy's blog dated 17 Oct, her experience with a mummy who thought she knows everything]

I believe no one will know/understand a baby best other than the mummy. I do agree with the result that my Cutie has already achieved a lot for her age. Being her mummy, of course I'm happy with the assessment, but my main wish for her is to be happy and stay healthy always. [though do admit guilty of scolding her at times]

Gee... talking about my Cutie ... [smile]






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Sisterly Love