Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweetie (1 - 18 months) [click x if cannot view]

Cutie (1 - 18 months)

Thursday, October 11, 2007

ABC


What’s so special about this softtoy cube? Well, it’s not the colour, but the discovery I've made from these four-letter word.

As I pointed to each of these letters, my Cutie read B-L-U-E to me with no difficulty. So it spurred me on to test her the 26 letters in the alphabet. Guess what, she can identify all of them well. Wow, it is indeed a big surprise for this mummy of hers. Though I’ve been teaching her the letters, I was not expecting her to be able to master all of them at such young age. So never, never underestimate the learning abilities of little children.

Few days ago, brought my Cutie for her 18-month jab and assessment. Her weight is in the 50% percentile but her height (wow, wow) is in the 90% percentile. So when she goes to childcare or school in future, most probably she will have to queue / sit in the last few rows. * Sigh* During schooldays, I was also among one of those sitting in the back row due to my height. I would prefer my Cutie to sit in the front rows, so that she can concentrate better in class. So if any of you get to teach my Cutie in future, please note this mummy’s request.

Whatever I eat, my Cutie will always want to have a share. Yesterday, she saw me eating the dried seaweed and of course, the next moment she was near me, saying “Eat”. I gave her a small piece, believing she will not ask for more cos’ hee… it contained wasabi. To my surprise, she told me “more pease”. Asked her “Is it hot?” and she replied “Yes”. * Faint * In the end, she got a bite of every piece that I ate. For my bubble tea, she drank almost half of it and it would have been more if the other half had not been drunk by me earlier. Guess next time, I better hide in some corner to enjoy my snacks.



My Cutie with her Elmos






Sweetie >>>>
Did I tell you that my Sweetie has a little dimple on one side of her cheeks? Yes, she has and with that sweet smile of her, it can really melt my heart and make me forget how naughty she was earlier. Went to Vivocity the other day and my helper told me that many people say my Sweetie “chantek” (which means “beautiful” in malay language). Guess my Sweetie must have charmed them with her sweetie smile.


Today, my Sweetie is so cute to imitate her jie-jie’s signature “good” sign (my Cutie is not able to do thumbs up, so has been pointing her index finger whenever she wants to say “good”). It seems that my Sweetie is starting to imitate what she sees or hears. That’s why when you talk to her, you will see her trying to give you a respond with her sweetie voice.

My Sweetie likes to hold onto her milk bottle too whenever we feed her, maybe afraid that we might take it away? Her neck muscle is also getting stronger at this stage and at times saw her trying to lift up her head to look around cos’ she’s getting interested with her surroundings. This may explain why she prefers to sit upright than to lie down lately.

Time really flies. A few months later, she will then be able to sit on her own, then learn to crawl and walk. By next year this time, she will be in the cutie stage like her sister now. Of course, plus her sweetie smile too.

No comments:

Sisterly Love